While most of us are staying at home in order to slow the spread of the covid-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2), it’s important to stay in touch, and to stay inspired to create good in the world. The following are some online resources we believe can help.
Clearwater’s YouTube Channel
Clearwater’s YouTube channel is a collection of videos designed to educate and entertain. We have a variety playlists on different subjects:
- Latest News – The latest goings on at Clearwater
- Clearwater Music – Music made by and around Clearwater
- Pete Seeger – Music by our founder, Pete Seeger
- Environmental Action – Environmental advocacy by Clearwater and around issues Clearwater cares about
If you like what you see, please subscribe. By subscribing, you get notifications of new videos, and you help us get closer to unlocking features that allow us to enrich our videos with links to web-based resources.
Upload Your Own Videos
We’d love to share your Clearwater memories with the rest of the Clearwater Community. Some things you might want to share include:
- Share your own musical performances
- Virtual sing-alongs – We’ll post your video and encourage others to sing along and upload recordings. We’ll combine them until a giant chorus of Clearwater community members are singing your song.
- Tell us about your neighborhood or other community.
- How is the covid-19 pandemic affecting you?
- How are you helping others?
- What kinds of help do you need?
- What are you proud of?
- Share your memories of sailing on the Clearwater, attending the Great Hudson River Revival, or working with Clearwater Environmental Action.
Click HERE to upload your videos.
Online Concerts and Performances
- Mornings with Papa Tom Chapin – Tom plays his award-winning kids songs live from the living room. Tom’s daughters The Chapin Sisters will be joining him to make it a sing-along. They’ll be chatting with viewers and might even take your song request!
- Arlo Guthrie’s appeal for support for Clearwater:
- Mondays at 10am – Smoochie Baby online Family Singalong – Kyle Tigges’s interactive singalong benefitting Brooklyn’s Smoochie Baby children’s apparel, toy and sundry shop.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/501588304
$10 suggested DONATION
- Tuesdays at 10:30am – THE JALOPY THEATRE:
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/887899278
- $10 suggested DONATION
- Thursdays at 11:00 –THE GREAT ROOM:
- Click HERE register ($10)
- Monthly Walkabout Clearwater Coffeehouse – The legendary Walkabout Clearwater Chorus Sloop Club has moved its monthly “Coffeehouse” concerts online!
Don’t Forget to Check Out Sloop Clubs!
Clearwater Sloop Clubs are a vital part of our connection to communities. Visit our Sloop Club page to see which one is closest or most appealing to you, and to see what they’re up to.
Other Non-Profit Organizations Worth Checking Out
- WhyHunger – The organization founded by Harry Chapin to feed the hungry
- The Guthrie Center – dedicated to all those around the world who believe that there is one truth and infinite ways to approach it. “As the world becomes smaller we must find ways to embrace the spiritual journeys of those whose traditions are different, without abandoning our own.”
- The Hudson River Maritime Museum – Clearwater shares a home port, and, more importantly, a community of skilled boatbuilders, volunteers and common goals with the Museum. They even have a whole exhibit devoted to Clearwater, within their broader Rescuing the River exhibit.