Why become a Member?
Being a member of The Hudson River Sloop Clearwater means being part of the organization’s very being. You become a part owner of the Sloop and everything else we own and do.
- Members define who Clearwater is by creating and voting to update our bylaws.
- Members make Clearwater’s strategic decisions through our elected Board of Directors.
- Members do most of the work that informs Clearwater’s strategy through participation in committees of the Board of Directors.
Depending on our members’ participation is fundamental to how Clearwater defends the greatest resource in the region, the Hudson River. As such, Clearwater has become the grassroots model for change in order to protect our planet.Clearwater’s efforts to defend and restore the Hudson River depend on the support of its members. When you join Clearwater, you join a great community of devoted individuals who are working for a better future and believe that we all have a role in bringing about a cleaner, greener, safer world.
Or, if you prefer to download a Membership Form
to mail or fax in, please click here.
Your Membership benefits include:
- Participation in Clearwater’s Board of Directors elections
- Participation in votes to change Clearwater’s bylaws
- Participation in committees of Clearwater’s Board of Directors
- Participation as a volunteer onboard the sloop Clearwater
- Discounted Public Sailing Adventure Tickets: Members receive 2 discounted sail tickets per Public Sail. Family Membership holders are entitled to receive 6 discounted sail tickets per Public Sail.
- 10% Discount on Clearwater merchandise
- Discounted admission and an opportunity to volunteer at the Great Hudson River Revival (Clearwater Festival)
- The chance to let your friends be part-owners of the boat too, by giving a gift membership!
For membership questions, or if you are currently a member and need to update your contact information, please contact Ann Mellor, Ann@Clearwater.org, or (845) 265-8080, x7119.
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit, member-supported corporation whose mission is to preserve and protect the Hudson River. As an organization, Clearwater works to provide innovative environmental programs, advocacy, and celebrations designed to inspire, educate and activate the next generation of environmental leaders.