Mid-Hudson Regional Renewable Energy Forum
Friday, December 13, 2019, 9 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Great Room of Kaplan Hall, One Washington Place,
SUNY/Orange, Newburgh Campus
As part of the Regional Climate Action Plan (RCAP), the Regional Renewable Energy Implementation Plan (RREIP) is an initiative whose intention is to create a roadmap to help achieve the goals of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) here in the seven-county Mid-Hudson Region. This forum will showcase what NY State agencies, and area utilities, municipalities, businesses and institutions are doing already or planning to accelerate the transition to a Renewable Energy Economy with Storage and Efficiency.
Video of Forum
9:00 – 9:20 a.m.: Registration and Welcoming Remarks: Pat Pomeroy, Executive Director, Hudson Valley Regional Council (HVRC)
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: NYS Agencies: Moderator: Manna Jo Greene, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc.,
- NYS DEC: CLCPA Overview. Mark Lowery, Assistant Director, Office of Climate Change [Slides]
- NYSERDA’s Communities Initiatives: Chris Reohr, Senior Project Manager, Communities & Local Government [Slides]
- NYPA: Keith Hayes, Senior Vice President, Clean Energy Solutions [Slides]
- Paul Beyer, Director of Smart Growth at NYS Department of State
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Contribution by Utilities: Moderator: Pat Courtney Strong, Director, Public Engagement-Energy Services, Arch St. Communications; Cabinet Member, Citizens for Local Power
- Central Hudson: John J. Borchert, Senior Director, Energy Policy & Transmission Development and Mark Sclafani, Director, Demand Side Management, Energy Transformation & solutions [Slides]
- Con Ed: Christopher Raup, Director, State Regulatory Affairs [Slides]
- Orange & Rockland: Kristin Bartone, Sector Manager, Utility of the Future [Slides]
11:30 – 11:45 a.m.: Break, with light refreshments.
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Municipal, Institutional and Commercial Models: Moderator: Carla Castillo, HVRC
- Scenic Hudson’s Roadmap to a Clean Energy Future: Audrey Friedrichsen, Esq., LL.M., Land Use & Environmental Advocacy Attorney [Slides]
- SUNY/New Paltz Solar with Storage Microgrid Project: Bryant Carlson of Solar Liberty [Slides]
- Pointe of Praise Community Solar: Rev. James Childs, Pastor; Kai Nybro, SunCommon Community Solar Development Manager [Slides]
- Sustainable Westchester’s Energy Initiatives: Nina Orville, Director of Solar Programs [Slides]
- Sullivan County Office of Sustainability: Carol Roig and Stephen Stuart and Larry Reeger of SUNY/Sullivan [Slides]
- Town of Clarkstown (Rockland County); Solar on landfill, planned carport: Joe Simoes, Principal Planner [Slides]
1:00 – 1:15 p.m.: Next Steps, Wrap Up and Adjourn.
Sponsors: Mid-Hudson Regional Sustainability Coalition Energy Working Group and Orange County Planning Department
Endorsing Organizations: Citizens for Local Power, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater Inc., Hudson Valley Regional Council, New Yorkers for Clean Power, Scenic Hudson, Sustainable Hudson Valley, Sustainable Westchester, Ulster County Climate Smart Committee. Livestream and video courtesy of SunCommon.