Join us onboard the sloop Clearwater, a majestic replica of the cargo sloops that traveled the Hudson River in the 18th and 19th centuries, as we sail from a variety of docks from Albany to New York City, April through October. During the spring, we are joined on the river by the schooner Mystic Whaler, a replica of a 19th-century coastal cargo schooner.
While onboard, experience an authentic sail:
* Learn about the Hudson River’s history, biology, and environmental concerns
* Experience the beauty of the Hudson River and its shores from a new perspective
* Join in “all hands to the halyards” to help hoist the sails
* Steer the boat with the 11-foot tiller
* Meet the crew of a working tall ship and visit their living quarters below decks
* Experience our tradition of a moment of silence and reflection
* Enjoy (or sing along with) music provided by the crew
* Relax and enjoy being out on the water.
Sails are $50 for adults; $35 for members; and $15 for children 12 years of age and younger. Memorial Day Weekend sails aboard the Mystic Whaler and sails during the Great Hudson River Revival are priced differently. Public sailing adventures are suitable for all ages.
All sails cast off from and return to the same dock.
Clearwater members receive a special discount when booking passage. Individual members receive 2 discounted tickets; family membership holders receive 6 discounted tickets.
Please be sure to visit our Frequently-Asked Questions page and reference Clearwater’s cancellation policy.
|Saturday, May 11th||5:00-8:00||79th Street- NYC||Mystic Whaler|
|Saturday, May 18th||5:00-8:00||Pier 5- Brooklyn Bridge Park||Mystic Whaler|
|Saturday, May 25th||Call 1-800-697-8420 to book this sail.||79th Street- NYC||Mystic Whaler|
|Saturday, June 1st
|Sunday, June 9thStrawberry Festival||Book here||4:00-7:00 pm||Beacon||Clearwater|
|Saturday, June 15thGreat Hudson River Revival||Book here||Various||Croton Point Park||Clearwater and Mystic Whaler|
|Sunday, June 16thGreat Hudson River Revival||Book here||Various||Croton Point Park||Clearwater and Mystic Whaler|