Charter America’s Environmental Flagship for Your Next Special Event
Sails on both Clearwater and Mystic Whaler are available for private parties, weddings and corporate events. Create a special event that energizes and re-connects your group, while providing your participants with an unforgettable, hands-on experience of the Hudson River.
- If you are submitting an application to sail in spring 2013, have a look at our schedule to verify that your date is available.
- If you are submitting an application to sail in summer or fall 2013, complete your application with a range of acceptable dates and docks. Be sure to advise us of any black-out dates when your group cannot sail.
- Submit your application via e-mail, mail, or fax. Make sure that you receive a confirmation from us: if we haven’t sent you a confirmation, we haven’t received your application!
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive your contract package. Please return one signed copy and your Sail Program Information sheet immediately.
- Payment is due 8 weeks prior to your program.
The cost of private charters is $2000 for adult non-profit groups; $2500 for individuals; and $3000 for businesses. These prices are not inclusive of the cost of catering or of musicians. All charters help Clearwater underwrite our environmental education and advocacy program.
More details about sailing
Clearwater charter sails are typically three hours long, and accommodate up to forty-five participants. This total number must include all caterers, musicians, and guests. Sails typically include:
- Dockside orientation before departure
- Set otter trawl to gather specimens for the fish tank
- Call for all hands to the halyards to help hoist the sails
- Clearwater’s history and mission
- A moment of silence and reflection
- Music by the crew and sing-a-longs
Our sail programs can be customized to meet your group’s needs. You can opt for a full education program, complete with learning stations; modified programs which allow time for special presentations for your group while still incorporating elements of our pioneering onboard education program; or custom events featuring catered refreshments and hired musicians. Our professional captains and crew have experience facilitating a wide variety of special events, and will work with you to ensure that all of the details of your sail are arranged to perfection!
Clearwater sails rain or shine, and it can be difficult to re-schedule a sail that has been cancelled due to inclement weather. We recommend taking the possibility of rain into account when planning your event.
Book Your Sail Today!
For more details please call the Clearwater office at 845-265-8080 x7107, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.